Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I'll Take a Little Cake with My Lemonade Please!

Today my parent's celebrated their 30th Wedding Anniversary! (I know right? WOW!!!) 
So my Grandparents and I threw them a little surprise dinner party for them to celebrate.

My contribution to the dinner was Pink Lemonade Cake.
Making a cake for both of my parents is a little tricky. My Mom can't have chocolate or cheesecake and my Dad doesn't like white cake or any type of fruit in his cake. (And, to be completely honest, I cannot stand carrot cake so I never have much of an inclination to make it.)
So, after a little search on Pinterest (my favorite!) I found the recipe for Pink Lemonade cake and thought it would be perfect!
And it was a big hit! A few people even got seconds so I'm marking that one in the success column!
Here is the finished result...


I also tried a new decorating technique but I was next to the 400 degree oven and the buttercream was melting before it even touched the cake so I settled for a simple frost. 
Maybe I'll have better luck next time, I'll try again over Christmas ha ha.

Lastly, a big congratulations to my parents on their anniversary! 30 years is pretty darn impressive, wouldn't you say??

xoxo Cassi

No comments:

Post a Comment