Monday, July 2, 2012

A Quote Worth Waiting For...

So this is the theme of my posts lately, I'm not very timely with posting and I'm still as sorry as ever!
So for today I'm going to post TWO quotes to make up for the fact that were meant to be posted on Friday. 
However, I'm now thinking that Monday might be an excellent new day for quotes because it will set the week off in a positive direction, so that's my new plan (and hopefully it will work!)

The quotes for today come from one of my favorite celebrities, Ms. Zooey Deschanel.
She is the (amazing!) singer of my favorite band, She&Him and she is the star of the show New Girl.

The first quote is a personal one from Zooey...

"Don't let someone steal your tenderness. 
Don't allow the coldness and fear of others to tarnish your perfectly vulnerable beating heart.
Nothing is more powerful than allowing yourself to truly be affected by things.
Whether it's a song, a stranger, a mountain, a rain drop, a tea kettle, an article, a sentence, a footstep... feel it all-look around you.
All of this is for you.
Take it and have gratitude.
Give it and feel love."

  
The second quote is from Zooey's character in the New Girl, Jess and I just think it is so cute...

"I brake for birds. I rock a lot of polka dots. I have touched glitter in the last 24 hours. I spend my entire day talking to children. And I find it fundamentally strange that you're not a dessert person. It freaks me out. I'm sorry that I don't talk like Murphy Brown. And I hate your pant suits. I wish it had ribbons on it or something just to make it slightly cuter but that doesn't mean I'm not smart and tough and strong." 

xoxo Cassi




1 comment: